Variations of the issue:
- The helmet isn't working!
- The turn signals won't work!
- The brake lights don't work
- I can't change between the flashing modes.
- How do I pair my remote with the helmet?
1. The helmet is in pairing mode
This means the helmet was turned on by holding the button. In this mode, the helmet is only looking for a remote or phone to pair with. It will not respond to your remote signals.
Solution: You'll need to turn it on regularly for the helmet to recognize the helmet. You can do so by giving the power button a short press.
2. It's not charged
Both the helmet and remote needs to be charged for them to work. Make sure you're charging it correctly (both light up green if they're fully charged).
Check the video for reference below:
3. Your remote is not paired with the helmet
To pair your remote to your helmet, simply follow the instructions below:
- Hold the button to turn on your helmet until it's in pairing mode. For Kickstart the lights will be fading in and out rather than flashing. For Matrix you will see a 'snake' moving around the edges of the panel.
- Hold both buttons on your remote until their lights are also in pairing mode.
- Make sure your remote and helmet and close to each other. Touching is best.
- Activate the L button on your remote.
- If it doesn't activate the helmet, try steps 1-3 again, and then activate the R button on your remote.
You can also see below videos for reference.
4. The helmet you have on hand is the Lumos Lite Helmet.
You can check by making sure you can see the individual LED's on the helmet's turn signal area. If there are no LED's there, it will not have the turn signal function!
In the very rare case you've ordered the Lumos Helmet and received the Lumos Lite Helmet please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full order number and a photo of your helmet to verify it's the Lite helmet and we'll be happy to send you a replacement and return label.
You can also check this article: My remote isn't working!