If your remote isn't working, there are a few possibilities.
1) Is it charged?
Sometimes the remote may be out of a charge, especially if it's just out of the box. Plug it into your charging cable and let it fully charge!
Be sure you're charging it in the correct orientation with the plug! There's a small divider which indicates the correct way to plug it in. When the remote is charging, the R button should light up red. When it is finished charging, the L button should light up green.
2) Does the remote flash but not activate the helmet?
It probably isn't paired! Simply follow the instructions below:
- Hold the button to turn on your helmet until it's in pairing mode. For Matrix you will see a 'snake' moving around the edges of the panel. If you have a Street helmet the lights look like they are 'breathing'.
- Hold both buttons on your remote until their lights are also in pairing mode.
- Make sure your remote and helmet and close to each other. Touching is best.
- Activate the L button on your remote.
- If it doesn't activate the helmet, try steps 1-3 again, and then activate the R button on your remote.
You can also see this video - showing a Matrix helmet - for reference. The steps for a Street helmet are the same, only pairing mode looks different on Street as it has different lights.
The Street helmet in pairing mode looks like this:
3) Does the remote flash green and red simultaneously when you hold the two buttons together?
Unplug it from the charging cable! Be sure to be attempting to pair your remote and helmet together when both devices are unplugged.
If these troubleshooting tips don't work, we'll be happy to assist you over at email@example.com -- to speed up the process, provide us with the following information.
- A quick summary of what isn't working.
- Your order number (e.g. US#1234) or a copy of your Amazon receipt.
- Video proof of the issue.
- Serial number of your helmet. You can find this on a white sticker in your helmet.
- Your shipping address and phone number. Used for courier purposes only.